Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pregnancy Induced Insomnia

I have never had a problem sleeping. Matter of fact - I can sleep an entire day away and not feel the teeniest bit guilty. Well...that has changed since the birth of baby girl number 1, but you get the point. I have been this way as long as I can remember. I used to go to be at 9 or 10 and not wake up until noon. When I was in graduate school I reverted back to my highschool ways and did the same thing when I didn't have class in the morning or a paper to write on the weekends. I have never been good at staying up late. I never did the partying until dawn thing in college (or ever), I was always just too tired.

Not last night. Apparently I got my first taste of pregnancy induced insomnia last night. I have no clue why, but I just couldn't fall asleep until after 3:30 - then I was out. But that really doesn't bear well for today. Not to mention that I was exhausted yesterday and could barely hold my head up, and then I couldn't sleep...it was double torture.

I hope this doesn't last long...and I know all the stories about your body preparing you for the baby, but I've already done this once - does this mean this baby is going to be an even worse sleeper than baby girl?

No comments: