Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Makes Sense

Alright - I've expressed my fears about how you can open you heart to another human being after having had the first experience of motherhood. One of my favorite blog writers even commented on the post, which was really nice...

Anyway - the point is that I found another descriptor (from Rebecca Woolf of This Girl's Gone Child and the author of Rockabye) that is helping me get to understand how it is...yes, Babygirl was my first entre into motherhood, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for her, but I think I get it - I'll also make room for this new baby and he or she will also hold a special (but different) place in my heart...

Here's the quote from the post:

"Clearly I am most excited about this pregnancy because of Archer. Because he was once kicking the same walls she is. And now, three and a half years later I have this perfect little person by my side, bouncing in my lap, rocking my world, loving me back, which can only mean that very soon, she will be too. And preparing to fall in love all over again?"

and you can read the whole thing here...

No comments: