Friday, August 1, 2008

Blog the Recession

Motherhood Uncensored is sponoring blog the recession month - she's asking that we all use our feed readers to click through and connect with the blogs we read. The idea is that many bloggers generate advertising money based on the number of page views that their blog generates. If you read the blog through a reader, it doesn't count as a view for the advertising stats and therefore no revenue is generated for the writer.

"The premise is simple. If you read blogs, then for the month of August, make the "pledge" to click through from your feed reader. No obligation to leave a hilarious comment or send a long stalkerish email (although both, within reason, are always lovely). Just click through and if you're feeling generous, click around."

Besides - I know that I love my Google Reader...all of my favorite blogs in one place - and I owe some click through love to my favorites!


es

4 comments:

tata said...

I found you through Kristin's site and before posting about it, I thought I'd go through and comment on all the blogs she listed, as well as those who left comments! So I'm in!!!

Unknown said...

Got your article while surfing through net. Great to see such an article after a long time. Wish to see more on this page.
---------------
Mehek

NEW, NEW, NEW

Tuesday Girl said...

Came from Kristen's site and trying to do my part!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)